Things to Do
On the property:
- Relax by the pool or read on your secluded verandah
- Bush walk through the Heritage Rainforest down to Duck Creek
- Sit around the open firepit and tell stories
- Cook your own pizzas in the Wood Fired Pizza Oven
- Use the Compass Room and reception room for your own special events
- Play basketball or use the large grounds for your own sporting interests
- Pamper yourself and let us arrange a personal massage for you at your cottage
- Pick your own herbs or fruit when in season
- Feed the friendly farm animals
- Collect freshly laid eggs
Alstonville Country Cottages is in a perfect position to savour the delights of both the Byron Bay hinterland and the coast of the Northern Rivers area.
- Try out the new Duck Creek Mountain Bike Park. Alstonville Country Cottages is the closest accommodation to the bike track and welcomes riders. There is plenty of room to wash down the bikes, park the trailer and to relax while watching the sun set
- Follow the Heritage trail in Alstonville or sit and relax in one of the Alstonvilles’ many cafes
- Enjoy a beer and/or a nice meal at a typical country pub – the Alstonville Federal Hotel – live music Friday and Saturday nights
- Fish or take a kayaking adventure on the river
- Take a speed boat ride with Out The Blue Adventures (departing Ballina) and watch the whales as they pass close to the shore between June and October.
- Cycle the wonderful cycle tracks through Ballina and along the coast towards Lennox Head
- Swim, Surf and relax at the many beautiful beaches. There are dog friendly beaches in Ballina and Lennox should your dog want a swim.
- Visit the many local artists and galleries such as Lismore Regional Art Gallery
- Find out what’s happening in Ballina. Discover Ballina Calendar of events.
- 4WD or ride horses along the deserted South Ballina beach
- Visit the historic and World Famous Byron Bay Lighthouse (the most easterly point of Australia)
- Visit the local Weekend Markets with their wide range of local arts and produce
- The Channon Craft Markets – Every second Sunday of each month there is an abundance of local arts and craft as well as organic food. A friendly and alternative vibe in a beautiful rain-forest setting.
- Lismore Car Boot Markets – Every third Sunday of each month there is great food and coffee and lots of interesting second hand good as well as quality affordable plants.
- Bangalow Markets – Every forth Sunday of each month, this is one of the biggest if not the biggest market in the Northern Rivers it has a fantastic range of food, plants, quality crafts and antiques.
- Take a short drive to Summerland Farm House and enjoy a farm ride or cool off in the childrens’ water park
- Hike in the National Parks and visit the local water holes and waterfalls
- Play golf at the beautiful Teven Valley Golf Course or Byron Bay Golf Club
Ask about our personal list of favourite things to do or ask us to book an activity or restaurant for you.